LU offers printing, copying, scanner and fax facilities to all students. The Institute has launched a new printing solution that will allow students to print both on-campus. Print jobs can be sent to a print queue remotely from anywhere on campus and even from home. LU has initially set students up with $10.00 in their print accounts. It won’t print until you come to the printer in the library to authorize the print job. Students can add funds to their PaperCut Printing Account and use these funds on both copiers and printers that are part of the solution. Black and white print jobs will be charged at $.08 per page, and color at $.20 per page. Scanning and faxing are offered at no charge. Students should visit the Library to activate the printing services on their account. Students are advised to follow the directions below to add funds to their PaperCut Printing Account.
DIRECTION TO PRINT ON-CAMPUS
1: Registering for a Papercut Account: Come to the library to register and receive your individual login code to be used to send print jobs to the library printer.
2: To print (either from your laptop or any off-site location), using the LU PaperCut account do the following:
Decide first if you want to print in color or black and white.
- To print in black & white, attach the document you want to print to an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To print in color, attach the document to an email addressed to email@example.com
When you come to the library printer, log in with your 5 digit code. It will be waiting for you. Press print all. Please note that print jobs sent to the queue expire after 24 hours.
DIRECTIONS TO ADD FUNDS TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Click on the button below to log-in to your PaperCut Printing Account.
- Enter your Username (your email address)
- Enter your Password (your 5 digit code). Once you log-in, you will see your print history, account balance, and environmental impact.
- Click on Add Credit.
- Choose the amount you want to add with the drop down menu.
- Add your credit or debit card number and the information requested on the screen.
- Click on the Pay Now
- Your account will now update with the new balance